Windows 7 Navigation Application Released!
Hello to all!
As you remember two months ago just a week after PDC 2008 I’ve created a sample Windows 7 Location Aware WPF Application. You can consider it as a mashup:
What It Showcases?
- How to access Windows 7 Location Platform data in your .NET application
- How to show this data with Virtual Earth 3D and track movements automatically by subscribing to Location changes from Location Platform API
- How to use WPF Ribbon Control and VE3D WinForms control to make easy Natural User Interface for interaction with app
- Windows 7 Beta
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Virtual Earth 3D Control (go to maps.live.com and click 3D to install control)
- Windows 7-compatible Location Provider (say GPS)
Let me say thanks to Yukinori Morishita from Redmond for his implementation of LocationProvider that I used to subscribe to changes of Location data. Thanks come also to Prasanna Padmanabhan (PC|3, Sensor and Location Platform team Test Lead) who gave me detailed explanations on Location API design for Windows 7 M3 and Windows 7 Beta without whose help Yuki’s LocationProvider would be much harder to implement.
All additional info on how to work with this app will be hosted on this site.