INTUNE - Intune and Autopilot Part 1 - The Blueprint
The previous blog posts were all about packaging and manual deployment of MSIX packages. As promised we will start covering the different scenarios around deploying these packages.
With Modern IT in mind, our first scenario is cloud based, first Intune and Azure based deployment is focused.
So why Azure, Intune and Autopilot?
With Microsoft Intune and AutoPilot, the provisioning of devices got simplified. As you'll see during the course of these blog posts, the process and details will become more clearer. For the time being, you can think of Autopilot as an boxed deployment agent changing the way Windows 10 OOBE behaves. After the OOBE finished, the device will be an AzureAD joined machine with all the apps and configuration deployed to it.
The Shopping list
For the different demos and features described in the following posts we'll need the following.
- Azure Trial subscription
- Intune trial subscription
- Virtual Machine
- Appx/MSIX package
Preparing the environment basically is a two step process:
- Sign up to an Azure Tennant Trial
- Configure Intune and Autopilot
- Deploy your virtual machine
- For this series of blogs we're utilizing the Intune 90 day trail and will guide you through all of the steps needed to start from scatch. After we present the default steps of implementation we'll go ahead and dig down deeper. If we miss something just leave us a comment.
Matthias Herfurth, Johannes Freundorfer and Ingmar Oosterhoff