Endpoint Zone Episode 12: Market update, Windows 10, MAM without device enrollment
In this episode of The Endpoint Zone with Brad Anderson you'll learn about Microsoft's financial results and how they impact the EMM market (hint: you need a good long term partner). Brad and Simon then talk about new technology introduced in the latest Configuration Manager preview, improvements for Windows 10 with MDM like MSI distribution, pass the hash style attacks and how Intune lets you configure Microsoft Passport for Work to overcome them, Mobile Device Management without enrollment from the Admin's viewpoint and much more!
- [01:00] Brad's thoughts on Microsoft's results
- [03:23] Over 70% of the Fortune 500 are now using 2+ Microsoft cloud services
- [07:26] Over 1/3rd of the Fortune 500 have purchased EMS
- [08:24] Fantastic how well Surface business is doing
- [11:47] New CEO at Mobile Iron and new CEO at Citrix, Kirill Tataninov
- [13:17] New Technology! Configuration Manager 1601
- [15:40] New capability to manage MSI based apps using MDM
- [16:47] New Windows 10 capabilities for Configuration Manager and Intune
- [17:20] Simon explains how a Pass-the-hash style attack takes place
- [20:00] Microsoft Passport for Work configuration in Microsoft Intune
- [22:24] Brad explains how Provable PC Health will work with Intune
- [26:30] IMEI preconfig for corporate owned devices
- [27:00] Brad demos the admin experience for MAM without device enrollment
- [34:46] iOS enhancements including increased DEP and VPP for the AppStore
- [35:26] Ignite registrations are out!
Let us know what you think of the show in the comments, and don't forget to subscribe on iTunes!
or leave comments on Channel 9.