Host Integration Server 2013 has been released
We are pleased to announce that Host Integration Server 2013 is released to manufacturing!
Microsoft Host Integration Server 2013 enables enterprise organizations to integrate existing IBM host systems, programs, messages, and data with Microsoft class leading suite of server applications.
HIS 2013 is the ninth release and includes these improvements.
- Deploy on new platforms
- Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012,
- Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server 2012, .NET 4
- IBM z/OS V1.13, i5/OS V7R1, MQ V7.5, CICS V5.1, IMS V12.1, Informix IDS V12.1, DB2 V10
- Use latest protocols and formats
- DB2 client connectivity to SQL Server (DRDA Service)
- Windows client connectivity to Informix server (OLE DB Provider)
- Increase enterprise dev and IT pro productivity
- Transaction Integrator Configuration Tool and Visual Studio code snippets
- DRDA Service and TI PowerShell modules, XML schemas for app.config and web.config files
- Managed encoder and trace
- TN3270 emulator and Host File Transfer Utility
- Improve performance and scalability
- Transaction Integrator, MQ channel and host files managed runtimes
- DB2 client transaction load balancing, bulk copy and bulk insert
Here are links to the technology and documentation.
- Release notes with list of new features and installation guide with list of supported IBM products are available on the Microsoft Download Center.
- On-line documentation is available on MSDN and TechNet.
- Evaluation copy is available on the Microsoft Download Center.
- Enterprise edition is available on MSDN and TechNet.
The HIS 2013 BPA and SCOM MP will be available in September.
The HIS 2013 Enterprise edition will be available for purchase on 1st September, licensed as supplemental technology to BizTalk Server 2013. See the BizTalk website for more information on BTS 2013 licensing.