January 2019 Small Basic Challenges!!!
These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard - but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain 'sticky' for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
- Draw a picture of a space ship
- Give it a cool space starry background
- Draw the phases of the moon
Use the Turtle to draw a coloured 'tartan' checked pattern
Use different pen widths and transparency and maybe the same repeating pattern vertcally and horizontally using subroutines
- Write a program to draw a pentagon
- Write a program to draw a 5 pointed star
- Write a program to draw a cog
- Write a program to draw a cog wheel that rotates
- Write a program with two meshed cogs that turn
- Finally, white a program with 3 or more meshed rotating cogs
White an interface with buttons to move backwards and forwards through a list of options.
Each time the an option is selected new options are presented from the list.
The list could be anything, perhaps the colours of the rainbow.
Add an image or description of the currently selected item.
Try using partially transparent buttons covering textboxes to change the buttons' text.
Do you have an idea or a future challenge? Please post it here!
Small and Basically yours,
LitDev & Ninja Ed!