September 2017 Small Basic Monthly Challenges
These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard - but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain 'sticky' for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
Post your answers in this forum thread:
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
We may extend these challenges over into a second month if solutions and questions are still coming in.
- Write a program to loop through the characters in a string, moving the first character to the end until all characters have been moved
"Hello World" -> "ello WorldH" -> "llo WorldHe" -> "lo WorldHel" -> etc -> "Hello World"
- Write an interface to play songs on your PC.Â It should have input for a folder where your files are, and a way to select and play, stop one of the music files.
- Write a program to draw lightning flashes
Test Program Challenge
- Write some simple short programs to test all the features of one one the Small Basic objects
- Write a program to show white light being split into rainbow colours by a glass prism.Â To make it harder make it so that the direction of the input white light can be moved (check out Snell's law).
- Write a simple Bejeweled game, just using coloured circles
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Special thanks to our challenges host, LitDev!
- Ninja Ed