Small Basic Extension Manager
I created a utility to manage Small Basic extensions.
It can be downloaded from TechNet Gallery.
If you would like an extension added to the database, or have other suggestions then please leave a message on this Small Basic Forum Thread.
It uses a web database maintained by me to list current versions of extensions, and can handle extensions for different versions of Small Basic.
It manages (Web) based extensions downloaded through the utility as well as extensions you install locally (Local).
The minimum requirements to add an extension to the database are that a web accessible zip download exists containing the extension dll and xml files.
By default it assumes that Small Basic is installed in the default location.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Small Basic on 64 bit Windows
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic on 32 bit Windows
Hopefully the number of extensions supported by this utility will grow.
With the utility you can:
- download and install or update selected extensions
- permanently uninstall (delete) extensions
- temporarily disable and enable extensions
The utility interface below shows installed extensions, their status and single click options to install/update or enable/disable. Only available extensions for the currently installed version of Small Basic are displayed.
- Blue is uninstalled, but available to be downloaded and installed
- Purple is is installed and enabled, but a differenent (usually more recent) version is available
- Green is installed and enabled
- Red is installed, but disabled
Right click an extension to get additional details and options.