My database file is marked with automatic growth of XXXX% (e.g. 12800%). What’s going on?
You might run into a situation wherein the value of the auto-growth increment of your database files (.mdf, .ndf or .ldf) shows a very large value – e.g. 12800%
This happens if you:
- Create the database by using a percentage value for the automatic growth increment of the database file (e.g 10%).
- Then change the value for the automatic growth increment to be a fixed size value (e.g. change it to 50 MB).
- Perform one of the following operations
- Restart the SQL Server service.
- Take the database offline, and then bring the database online.
- Detach the database, and then attach the database.
If you are running:
- SQL 2005 RTM (9.00.1399) à install the hotfix mentioned in KB 917887
- SQL 2005 SP1 (9.00.1047) à install the hotfix mentioned in KB 919611
Hope this helps!
POSTED BY : Sanchan Saxena