WHITEPAPER - Statistics Used by the Query Optimizer in Microsoft SQL Server 2005
SQL Server collects and maintains statistical information about indexes and column data stored in the database.
SQL Server query optimizer relies on these statistics to choose the most efficient plan for retrieving or updating data. If these statistics are not up-to-date, performance of your queries could be adversely affected.
This whitepaper provides great insights into the world of statistics and how they are used by SQL Server 2005.
You will learn:
- What are statistics and how they are used?
- How SQL Server implements statistics?
- What’s new for Statistics in SQL 2005?
- Creating and maintaining statistics
- Best practices of implementing statistics
You can download this whitepaper from here.
POSTED BY : Sanchan Saxena