Book: MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services
The Master Data Services book I was technically reviewing has finally been published and is available for purchase, congratulations to the authors and publishers.
1) Where to buy this book
You can buy Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services from the Packt Publishing website: http://www.packtpub.com/microsoftsql-server-2008-r2-master-data-services/book
Free shipping to the US, UK, Europe and selected Asian countries. For more information, please read there shipping policy.
Alternatively, you can buy the book from Amazon, BN.com, Computer Manuals and most internet book retailers.
2) What does this book contain
This book covers the following topics:
- Understand the foundational concepts of Master Data Management and SQL Server
- Learn how to install and configure Master Data Services
- Create and populate your first Model
- Learn how to create and manage Hierarchies and Collections
- Extend your Models with User-defined Meta Data
- Control your Master Data Environment through the use of Versions and Flags
- Discover how to import data from a variety of source systems by using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Extend your solution with business rules, e-mail notifications, and SharePoint workflow
- Create custom solutions by utilizing the Master Data Services API
- Feed different source systems by using Subscription Views and BizTalk Server
- Secure your Master Data Services Models with comprehensive MDS security
This is a practical, step-by-step guide to managing and maintaining your master data and improving data quality with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services, with practical examples on how to use each feature.
3) About the authors
- Jeremy Kashel is a Principal Consultant with Adatis, a UK-based Microsoft Gold Partner, specializing in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack. Jeremy has over 10 years' experience in delivering SQL Server Business Intelligence projects, for a variety of UK and international clients. Jeremy is also a keen blogger, and has spoken at a number of Microsoft events.
- Tim Kent is one of the owners of Adatis and is also involved in project delivery and QA for the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack. Tim was first awarded the MVP for SQL Server in 2009, and has been specializing in SQL Server and the Microsoft BI stack for over 10 years. Tim is also an active member of the SQLBits SQL Server conference organizing committee, and has also been involved in speaking at the event. Tim authored Chapter 6.
- Martyn Bullerwell is one of the owners of Adatis, and is involved in project delivery for Adatis' larger clients, including multi-terabyte data warehouses. Martyn has led projects in a number of different clients and sectors, including media, oil and gas, and banking. Martyn authored Chapter 9.