SQL Server 2008 R2 Update for Developers Training Kit–Jan 2011
The January 2011 update includes lots of great new content and several usability improvements. Below is a high level overview of what is included:
- 31 presentations (PowerPoint slides, videos and transcripts included)
- 27 demos (installer scripts, videos and transcripts included)
- 12 hands on labs (installer scripts included)
Microsoft BI Solution using SQL Server 2008 R2
- Build Your First Microsoft BI Solution with SQL Server 2008 R2
- Introduction to BI Modeling Techniques
- Introduction to SQL Server 2008 R2 Integration Services
- Introduction to SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services
- Publishing and Accessing SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services Reports
- Introduction to SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services
- Introduction to SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services Query Syntax
- Accessing SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services Data
- Introduction to SharePoint 2010 PerformancePoint Services
- Introduction to Data Mining with SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services\
- Introduction to Self-Service Reporting and Analysis with SQL Server 2008 R2
This update includes all of the content from the previous release. Here’s a quick summary of what is included:
- Getting Started Building Web Applications With SQL Server - This content is for web developers who are new to SQL Server and are just getting started building their first solution. You can find it by navigating to the Getting Started - Web Developers page.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Update for Developers - This content provides a complete training course with six units covering all the key improvements in SQL Server 2008 R2, including StreamInsight and Data-tier applications. Integration with Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 is also covered. You can find this content by navigating to the SQL Server 2008 R2 - Overview page.
- SQL Server 2008 Update for Developers - This content covers all the key improvements in SQL Server 2008, including new date and time data types, spatial data types, FILESTREAM, Transact-SQL improvements and support for .NET CLR assemblies. You can find it by navigating to the SQL Server 2008 - Overview page.
You can download the training kit now at the following URL: