Early technical preview of Microsoft Drivers 4.0.2 for PHP on Linux for SQL Server Released!
Hi all, we are delighted to share the Preview (4.0.2) of the SQLSRV and PDO_SQLSRV driver (64bit and 32bit) for Linux. Updated Linux drivers are available for Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and RedHat 7.2.
Here is a summary of the bug fixes and improvements:
- The PDO_SQLSRV driver no longer requires PDO to be built as a shared extension.
- Fixed an issue with format specifiers in error messages.
- Fixed a segmentation fault when using buffered cursors.
- Fixed an issue whereby calling sqlsrv_rows_affected on an empty result set would return a null result instead of 0.
- Fixed an issue with error messages when there is an error in sizes in SQLSRV_SQLTYPE_*.
Going forward we plan to improve teh quality of the Linux drivers, expand SQL 16 Feature Support for both Windows and Linux (example: Always Encrypted), build verification/fundamental tests, bug fixes.
Getting the Preview Refresh
You can find the latest bits on our Github repository, at our existing address. We provide limited support while in preview on our Github Issues page. As always, we welcome contributions of any kind, be they Pull Requests, or Feature Enhancements. I’d like to thank everyone on behalf of the team for supporting us in our endeavors to provide you with a high-quality driver. Happy downloading!
Meet Bhagdev (firstname.lastname@example.org)