How long does *your* CHECKDB take?
Following on from my post a couple of weeks ago (https://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverstorageengine/archive/2007/01/24/how-long-will-checkdb-take-to-run.aspx), I'm very interested to know how long it takes for your CHECKDBs to run, so I can get an idea of the distribution of run-times on various kinds of hardware for various size databases.
So, if you have a couple of minutes, I'd be grateful if you could c&p the following into an email to me, email@example.com, and answer the questions for one or more of your databases. I'd especially like to hear from those of you who work for Microsoft and look after multiple customers. If I get a worthwhile number of responses (say 100 or so) then I'll collate the responses and post a summary. I'd love to hear about databases larger than 1TB.
For the first 10 Microsoft and the first 10 non-Microsoft people to respond, I'll send you the Always-On DVD loaded with Hands-On Labs that walk you through a bunch of the various HA/DR technologies. (I'll let you know whether you win and you need to send me your address).
- How large is the database?
- What's the size of the largest table?
- Do you have any indexed views?
- Which command do you run, including options?
- How long does the command take to run?
- How often do you run it?
- Which version & edition of SQL Server are you running?
- (If SQL Server 2005, did you notice an increase or decrease in runtime?)
- How many CPUs/cores does the server have?
- How much memory does the server have?
- What platform is the server?
- Describe your IO subsystem?
- Any comments?