To prepare Slipstream & Unattended silent installation for Project application.
1. Ensure you have an actual enterprise/corporate disc & product-key.
2. Notably, o2k7 uses setup patches (*.MSP) rather than transforms which previous versions used (*.MST). The below instructions will give you an MSP file, which is not accepted by non-corporate versions of o2k7.
3. Now at the command prompt, type: setup.exe /admin
4. Choose the product for which you want to make a customization-patch.
5. Then go through all steps in the customization wizard (to install the reqd apps & remove junk & change default settings).
6. Be sure to have "completion notice" turned on & "suppress modals" turned off (this is to get to see errors, if any exist). Once you're done with testing, go thru the customization again to modify the MSP to disable completion notice & enable suppress modals.
7. Save the resulting patch file in the same folder as o2k7 setup files.
8. Now just execute this command (thru any method) for silent install: setup.exe /adminfile CUSTOM.MSP
Prepare through XML file, please find below for sample XML file.
Since "Adminfile" method is especially for first time installation, always suggest XML file method.
Sample XML file:
<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes"/>
<ARP ARPNOMODIFY="Yes" ARPNOREMOVE="Yes" />
<Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="never" />
Customize Setup before installing the 2007 Office system:
Config.xml file in the 2007 Office system: