Microsoft Private Cloud News
by STB Blogger
Today, during an online webcast, “Transforming IT with Microsoft Private Cloud”, Satya Nadella, Microsoft Server & Tools Business president and Brad Anderson, corporate vice president of the Management and Security Division, discussed how Microsoft is making the private cloud real for customers now, helping businesses move faster, save money and better compete in 2012.
During the webcast, Microsoft demonstrated its commitment to easing the acquisition, deployment and economics of private cloud computing by announcing:
- The availability of a release candidate of System Center 2012, which customers can begin using today to build and operate private clouds for the delivery of applications across both private and public cloud platforms.
- System Center 2012 integrates eight previous products into one solution to simplify purchase, creation and deployment of private clouds with the best economics.
The webcast also highlighted customers already utilizing Microsoft’s private cloud solution to meet their business needs:
- T. Rowe Price says System Center 2012 is a “game changer.” The company sees the Microsoft private cloud as its answer to corralling its server infrastructure into a single entity they can use to more rapidly deliver services that really matter to their business.
- Unilever is looking to the MS private cloud to help meet its goal of doubling business without increasing its environmental footprint.
- Lufthansa Systems is using Microsoft’s integrated cloud approach to chart a clear path to public cloud on Windows Azure in the future.
- Egged, the #1 public transporation company in Israel, is relying on the Microsoft private colud today.
Check-out Brad Anderson’s Executive Blog as he provides more insights on today’s news. The Microsoft Private Cloud Web site provides links to more information about how customers can get started, including private cloud evaluation software, assessment guides, a new white paper, and more. You can also follow the conversation on Twitter at #MSFTprivatecloud.