New Microsoft Licensing and Support Eases Path to Virtualization
Today Microsoft announced new licensing, expanded product support policies and a worldwide series of events to help business customers create more dynamic datacenters and enterprise IT systems with virtualization software. Beginning Sept. 1, 2008, customers will be able to move any of 41 Microsoft server applications between servers within a server farm as often as necessary without paying additional licensing fees, and they can take advantage of expanded specialized technical support.
The company also announced that it will begin a worldwide series of “Get Virtual Now” events this month that will showcase Microsoft virtualization products and partner solutions, reaching more than 250,000 IT professionals. The series of more than 100 events started Aug. 3 in South Africa, continues Sept. 8 with a U.S. kickoff event and eventually will cover more than 50 other countries.
More information on today’s announcements can be found here:
· Volume Licensing Briefs: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/volbrief.mspx
· Support Policy Details:http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=125767
· Virtualization team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/virtualization/
· System Center team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/systemcenter/
· Exchange team blog: http://msexchangeteam.com/
· Sharepoint team blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/