MAPI Download 8211
Over the weekend, we shipped a new version of the MAPICDO download. First things first: Right now, the download page refers to something called CDO 1.2.3. This is an error. It should say CDO 1.2.1, as it always has. I’m working to get this corrected. Fixed! Now, on to the release notes:
- This version is 6.5.8211.0. All of the files in the update are dated February 23rd, 2011.
- If you already have a version of the MAPI Download installed, you must uninstall it before installing the new version. The installer does not upgrade, nor does it warn you if you try to install it without uninstalling the previous version.
- Potential corruption of recurring meetings when accepting a meeting update using CDO. The repro scenario for this issue is somewhat unusual. Most meetings processed by CDO were never in any danger of hitting this issue, but those that were would hit it every time, resulting in corruption of Subject and Location fields on meeting exceptions, and potentially resulting in access violations. This change addresses all known causes of this corruption.
- MAPI_E_NO_SUPPORT from CDO's GetAssociatedAppointment in certain hosting scenarios. In this scenario, depending on how accounts in the hosting environment were set up, certain NSPI calls would return unaccounted for (but correct) results. This change allows us to be more flexible in these environments.
- Addition of the Magadan Standard time zone and other tweaks related to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2443685
- Addition of a new notification flag to get long term entry IDs from notifications. This change deserves a write-up of its own, which I hope to post shortly. Update: Documented here http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stephen_griffin/archive/2011/03/02/mapicdo-and-long-term-entry-ids.aspx.