Do You Sleep With Your Phone?
- 95% of cell phone owners never leave home without carrying their phone
- 3 billion people are always 'connected', twice the number of connected PCs
- 54% of 14-24 year olds use their cell phone for Internet access
- Only 24% of Japanese cell phone traffic is voice.
I can't remember where I read these last week, nor can I decide which is the most scary. Perhaps this one:
- 91% of mobile users keep phone within 1 meter reach 24x7 (China Mobile 50K survey)
that last one came from Mary Meeker's great presentation at Web 2.0 SF last year. I love stats like that. They screw with peoples heads...as does sleeping with your phone.