Microsoft Research talent
Technology Review just published their annual list of young innovators – all under 35’s who are changing the world. It was pleasing to see 5 Softies in there too, all from Microsoft Research, doing things like the armband interface shown above by T.Scott Saponas.
- danah boyd, researcher, Microsoft Research New England.
- Ranveer Chandra, researcher, Microsoft Research Redmond.
- Indrani Medhi, associate researcher, Microsoft Research India.
- Scott Saponas, researcher, Microsoft Research Redmond.
- Jian Sun, lead researcher, Microsoft Research Asia.
our MSR site has a brief interview with each of them , talking about their proudest moment and why they work at Microsoft. That last question is something I’ve been asking a lot of folks recently – big brains like Gary Flake and Blaise Aguera Y Arcas. The answers I most often get are the ability to have impact on a global scale and the world class people they get to rub shoulders and work with.