An update for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 is available (KB2734608)
Issues that are fixed
This update lets servers that are running Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP2 provide updates to computers that are running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Installation of update 2720211 may fail if Service Pack 2 was previously uninstalled and then reinstalled.
- After you install update 2720221, health monitoring may fail if the WSUS server is configured to use SSL.
Additionally, this update includes the following fixes:
- 2530678 System Center Update Publisher does not publish customized updates to a computer if WSUS 3.0 SP2 and the .NET Framework 4 are installed
- 2530709 "Metadata only" updates cannot be expired or revised in WSUS 3.0 SP2
- 2720211 An update for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 is available
- Update 2720211 is included in this update and strengthens the WSUS communication channels.
- The Windows Update Agent (WUA) on computers that are managed by this WSUS server will be automatically upgraded as needed after you apply this update.
- WSUS must be in a known, good working state for this update to work. If WSUS is configured to synchronize updates from Microsoft Update, make sure that WSUS can synchronize updates. And, clients must be able to communicate with the WSUS server.
For all the details including the latest version of this article and a download link for the update, please see the following:
J.C. Hornbeck | Knowledge Engineer | Management and Security Division
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
Operations Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/
SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
System Center Essentials Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The Forefront Server Protection blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/fss/
The Forefront Endpoint Security blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/
The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/
The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/
The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/