Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework Updated for Silverlight 4
New Analytics Service Support
- EQATEC Analytics
- Omniture, an Adobe Company (Omniture customers can download a separate installer from http://my.omniture.com – details are in the MSAF documentation)
New Control Support
- IIS Smooth Streaming Client 1.0
- Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework 2.0
Support for Silverlight 3, Silverlight 4, and WPF
Since Expression Blend 4 and Visual Studio 2010 support both Silverlight 3 and Silverlight 4, the new installer adds behaviors for both versions of Silverlight. Since the Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework player and the IIS Smooth Streaming Client require Silverlight 4, behaviors to support those controls are available for Silverlight 4 only.
Based on feedback that we got from our growing community, we fixed some problems and made a number of enhancements to the framework:
- All of the issues addressed are listed on the Download page.
- We added links to the Analytics properties group to documentation (context sensitive), search online, search the issue tracker, and search discussions. See the attached image to see how this is similar to the new Expression Blend 4 help links.
- We enhanced the Deep Zoom tracking to work with Collections created by the Deep Zoom Composer. We also included a sample demonstrating Deep Zoom tracking.