Got Power BI? aka.ms/Azure/PowerBI
The Power of Power BI!
Moving forward into 2018, I am undertaking some special projects to create custom dashboards for Azure and Azure Stack. While there are some cool tricks you can do alone with Azure dashboards, you can take it a step further and go much farther with the data analytics and visualization capabilities of Power BI. To get a taste of some of the possibilities, just check out the OMS dashboards at the bottom of this link.
My Focus will be seeing what we can explore in Azure Stack, as I've spent a bit of time working with customers and Cloud Solutions Partners (CSP) in the past year or so. While I will not be able to share with you all of the outputs of what we create at Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), I am happy while wearing my trainer hat, to share the resources that I collect to figure this all out to solve our customers' unique reporting needs in the cloud.
- Power BI Docs
- Power BI Tips & Tricks
- View and analyze Azure Audit Logs in Power BI and more
- Power BI Blog
- Power BI Community
- Connect to the services you use with Power BI
- YouTube Power BI Channel
- YouTube Guy in a Cube! - most excellent!
- Microsoft Ignite 2017 Power BI sessions
- Power BI Guided Learning
- EdX Analyze and Visualize Data with Power BI
- Download the Analyze and Visualize Data Course-ware
- Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Data Series: Analytics: BI: Power BI
- Creating the Business Intelligence Ecosystem at Microsoft - using Power BI
- Learn how Microsoft IT promotes awareness of Power BI to increase adoption of its self-service business intelligence tools.
- Doing More with Your Data
- Start with filtering and sorting data in spreadsheets, do calculations, navigate between tabs and files, and count cells. Then dive into Power BI, as you create data visualizations, join data from multiple sources, and share intuitive dashboard reports. From there, make PivotTables, build charts, and present data for analysis and review. Finally, get the details on querying websites, bringing data into Excel, and using the Query Editor. Get started today!