PHP on Windows
As a developer, sometimes one has to make tough choices. One has to balance design and functionality, client requirement and usability, time constraints and budget. With PHP on Windows, one can get the best of all the worlds: interoperability that allows creation of awe-inspiring applications on top of the security of the Windows Server operating system.
Key benefits of running PHP on Windows
- Develop and deploy Web applications using the same Operating System
- Consolidate and run PHP and .NET Web applications side by side
- Leverage powerful media serving with Microsoft’s Streaming Media server and Windows Services 2008
- Give you site more SPEED and reduce management complexity using IIS 7.0
- Host PHP applications on a streamlined, headless Server Core installation, running a modular Web server, optimized at install for just hosting PHP as fast and securely as possible.
Want to get started with PHP on Windows… check out the links below -
- New to IIS? Learn how to configure FastCGI on IIS 6.0 or IIS 7.0 to run your PHP applications.
- Already know the basics and need to get more information about FastCGI features and best practices for running PHP on IIS? Refer to the FastCGI configuration reference and PHP hosting best practices article.
- Your PHP application uses MySQL? Refer to this article to learn how to configure MySQL on Windows Server 2008.
- Your PHP application needs fast and reliable connectivity to Microsoft SQL Server? Check out the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Driver for PHP.
- Want to enable search engine friendly URLs for your PHP application? Use the Microsoft URL Rewrite Module for IIS 7.0.
I would also recommend downloading these addition resources from Microsoft -
Microsoft Web Platform Installer – The Web Platform Installer provides a single, free package for installing and configuring the Microsoft Web Platform, including IIS 7.0, Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition, SQL Server 2008 Express Edition, and the .NET Framework.
Microsoft Expression Web – Microsoft Expression Web offers powerful design tools for creating standards-based sites.
Microsoft Web Application Installer – The Web Application Installer is designed to quickly get developers started with the most widely used Web applications freely available. The Web Application Installer provides support for popular ASP.NET and PHP Web applications including Graffiti, DotNetNuke, WordPress, Drupal and more.