Reports Section in TFS 2008 Project portal doesn't show up
I came across this issue in one of my cases and found that when I right click any of the project node in the Team Explorer 2008 and choose "Show Project Portal", I see the reporting page not being shown(the remaining work item part) and see error message "page not found" 404
Later we were able to figure out that the reason for this as when we have configured reporting services as named instance but in the reports registry key the urls are still set as default instance as provided below:
Hence, to work through this, we went to the following registry key by using registry edit (regedit.exe) on the TFS 2008 Application Tier server by following the steps provided below and changed the urls to the named instance url for reporting services
1. Go to start->run and type regedit
2. In the registry go to the following value
and change the values of the registry keys BaseReportsUrl and ReportsService from http://servername/reports and http://servername/reportsserver to http://servername/reports_intancename and http://servername/reportserver_instancename respectively
P.S. Before you make changes to a registry key or subkey, we recommend that you export, or make a backup copy, of the key or subkey. You can save the backup copy to a location you specify, such as a folder on your hard disk or a removable storage device. If you make changes that you want to undo, you can import the backup copy.
1. Open the Registry Editor by clicking the Start button , typing regedit into the search box, and then pressing Enter. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
3. Click the File menu, and then click Export.
4. In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name box.
5. Click Save.
Author: Nitish Nagpal
Reviewed by: Wendell Phillips