This week in Azure - February 22, 2016
- Mike Gresley announced that the Annotations detail blade is available in Application Insights which help you get more info when correlating releases to your telemetry
- Tom Shinder announced that the Azure Disk Encryption White Paper has been updated to version 1.2.1
- Corey Sanders more open options in Microsoft Azure which include:
- We announced that Azure Hybrid Use Benefit reached general availability which means that Windows Server users who have Software Assurance can run Windows VMs in Azure at a lower price
- We announced that the SQL Server Stretch Database functionality is in public preview
- We announced App Service SSL connection price changes which most notably include free Server Name Indication (SNI) SSL connections for Basic, Standard and Premium tiers
- We announced that the Swagger install package for Azure Mobile .NET Server is available on NuGet
- Pallavi Joshi announced that Azure Backup in now Available in Azure China
- Ninar Nuemah has announced multiple updates to the SQL Server AlwaysOn Cluster Template which include internal listeners and optimized performance
- Alex Simons announced that Azure AD Connect 1.1 has reached General Availability with faster sync times, automatic updates and more
- We announced a public preview of HDInsight Tools for IntelliJ which will be very interesting for HDInsight Spark developers
If you want your blog post listed here, please let us know on Twitter: @thisweekinazure
- Updating the Azure VM Encryption Certs from Cloud Solution Architect
- Microsoft Azure App Service: new course from CloudAcademy
- Azure Container Service, Powerd by the DCOS from Mesosphere
- Azure Virtual Networks with ARM and PowerShell from Cloud Solution Architect
- Using Active Directory Security Groups to Grant Permissions to Azure Resources from Kloud
- Azure Opens Up With Expanded Linux Support from EnterpriseTech
- Microsoft Azure Automation: Concepts and Practical Usage — New course from CloudAcademy
- Monitoring and Alerting in Azure from Cloud Solution Architect
- Using the Azure Resource Manager REST API from Cloud Solution Architect
- 311 Solutions (Professional Services from Egypt) switched from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to Microsoft Azure.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc , part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (Financial Group from the United Kingdom) has moved their HPC calculations to the Azure cloud.
- FCamara (E-commerce from Brazil) has chosen the Microsoft Azure cloud because it supports all the open source.
- Otsuka Corporation (System Integration Business from Japan) has chosen the Microsoft Products and Services Agreement to complement the company’s previous licensing programs.
- Absolut (Leading brand of Premium vodka from Sweden) has decided to use Azure, because it allows us to use servers around the world to deploy a site into a specific country or region.
- Carnegie Mellon University (Education from the USA) has implemented the PI System from Microsoft Global ISV partner OSIsoft based on Power BI for Office 365 and the Azure platform.
If you want your event listed here, please let us know on Twitter: @thisweekinazure
- Multiple dates and places – Microsoft Cloud Roadshow
- Multiple dates and places – Microsoft Azure Tour
- March 9th – AzureDay Poland
- March 30th – BUILD 2016
- April 16th – Global Azure Bootcamp
- September 26 – Microsoft Ignite 2016
Tomek & Mirek