WinFX Runtime Components November CTP Now Released!
With every CTP, we're another step closer... This release is particularly exciting, because it is based on the final .NET Framework 2.0 bits. You've no excuse now for not installing WinFX and starting to prototype a great Windows Presentation Foundation application! Download the various bits from the following locations:
- WinFX Runtime Components (Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation)
- WinFX SDK (documentation and command-line tools)
- VS2005 Extensions for WinFX Runtime Components (templates and IntelliSense for WPF and WCF in Visual Studio 2005)
- VS2005 Extensions for Windows Workflow Foundation (templates and IntelliSense for WF in Visual Studio 2005)
- WinFX RC Nov CTP “Readme” (general notes and warnings)
My esteemed colleague Karsten Januszewski has stepped up to the mark and produced a great white paper that describes the new features added to WPF in this CTP release (there's some great new animation work that's exposed here) as well as highlighting the API breaking changes since the PDC release. We're gradually getting closer to being API complete for the first release - there's probably just one more set of breaking changes to go in that will be exposed in a CTP release in the first month or two of next year, but otherwise we're entering the glidepath - starting to focus on performance and stability beyond all other considerations. It's going to be an exciting year!