(Azure) Tip of the Day: New Azure Storage Explorer & AzCopy integration feature
You can now use AzCopy v10 (Preview) for uploading and downloading Blobs from Azure Storage Explorer.
To enable this feature:
- Download and install Azure Storage Explorer
- Open Azure Storage Explorer, select "Experimental" menu, select "Use AzCopy for Improved Blob Upload and Download"
When enabled, AzCopy will be used in the following scenarios:
- Upload of folders and files to blob containers, either via the toolbar or drag and drop.
- Downloading of folders and files, either via the toolbar or context menu.
- Supports resume option by default, very useful for large uploads
- Auto generate AzCopy command with required arguments (this saves lot of time)
- Azure Storage Explorer - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/features/storage-explorer/
- Get started with Azure Storage Explorer - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vs-azure-tools-storage-manage-with-storage-explorer?tabs=windows
- Azure Storage data transfer utility: AZCopy v10 - https://github.com/Azure/azure-storage-azcopy
- AzCopy: Uploading/downloading files for Azure Blobs - https://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2012/12/03/azcopy-uploading-downloading-files-for-windows-azure-blobs.aspx
- Transfer data with the AzCopy on Windows - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-use-azcopy
- Transfer data with AzCopy on Linux - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-use-azcopy-linux?toc=%2fazure%2fstorage%2ffiles%2ftoc.json