Microsoft TechNet documentation for SharePoint Server 2010 Storage
Since Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 is an application that relies on Microsoft SQL Server database software, we strive to provide IT pros comprehensive documentation about storage.
The TechNet SharePoint Server 2010 Library contains the following articles:
- Storage and SQL Server capacity planning and configuration gives guidelines to help organizations plan and configure their storage needs on SQL Server databases in a SharePoint Server 2010 environment.
- Backup and recovery links to content about planning, best practices, and configuring permissions for backup and recovery tasks.
- Database management links to content covering all facets of SharePoint databases. Included is adding, attaching, and moving the databases: how to maintain, monitor, and rename databases, and how to scale out SharePoint sites.
The following white paper written by the SharePoint product team is a great resource:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint 2010 Products: Better Together shows what SQL Server 2008 R2 edition has what advantages and tells you how to choose the edition that is right for your SharePoint Server 2010 implementation.
Or click one of the following resources.
- SQL Server and SharePoint Server 2010 Databases contains lots of good information about SharePoint Server storage requirements.
- Capacity Management for SharePoint Server 2010 provides many resources to help you plan capacity managements for your SharePoint Server 2010 environments.
We try to provide complete documentation, but let us know if we missed something. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions, to tell us about your SharePoint Server 2010 storage requirements, or to give us recommendations.
Steve Hord, Technical Writer, SharePoint Content Publishing