New video: Creating a profile synchronization connection in SharePoint Server 2010
Profile sync in SharePoint Server 2010 is quite powerful, but it takes a lot of steps to configure it. To help you get profile sync set up, we've created a video that demonstrates many of the steps: Configure a profile synchronization connection in SharePoint Server 2010 (video)
The video covers:
- Creating a connection to Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Creating a connection filter
- Mapping profile properties
- Importing properties from AD DS
- Exporting a property back to AD DS
- Verifying the results in SharePoint and in AD DS
Because these are a lot of steps, the video is somewhat long (approximately 12 minutes). We'd appreciate your feedback on whether we made the right tradeoff. Would you prefer shorter videos that demonstrate just a fraction of the process? Or would you prefer to see all the steps, including verifying the results, even if it takes over 10 minutes?
Let us know what other videos you'd like to see, too! We're planning a few more profile sync videos, but will consider adjusting these plans based on your input.