Internet of things with Azure
I have been working with a University on a course around IoT and wanted to share the resources with you.
Many developers are currently targeting IoT for upcoming projects. As developers adopt IoT, Data Science for IoT will provide some unique challenges. This new course targets developers who want to be data scientists with an emphasis on IoT.
The course explores problem solving for IoT analytics via the following topics:
- Concepts: principles/foundations
- Product Development
- Data Science
- IoT Verticals
- Time Series
- Deep Learning
- Real Time
- IoT Data Visualization
- Methodology – putting it all together
Here is a set of resources around the Microsoft Azure Platform and IoT devices which is maintained at https://github.com/formulahendry/awesome-azure-iot by Microsoft Engineer Jun Han https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/formulahendry/
- Azure Certified for IoT device catalog - Certified for IoT devices tailored to your needs.
- Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kits - Start innovating today with kits that include development boards that are 'Azure Certified for IoT', sensors and actuators. Simple user-friendly tutorials help you seamlessly connect your devices to the cloud with Microsoft Azure IoT.
- Windows 10 IoT Core - Windows 10 IoT is a family of Windows 10 editions targeted towards a wide range of intelligent devices, from small industrial gateways to larger more complex devices like point of sales terminals and ATMs..
- Azure IoT Hub - Connect, monitor, and manage billions of IoT assets. Azure IoT Hub is a fully managed service that enables reliable and secure bidirectional communications between millions of IoT devices and a solution back end.
- Azure Event Hubs - Cloud-scale telemetry ingestion from websites, apps, and any streams of data.
- Azure Stream Analytics - Real-time data stream processing from millions of IoT devices.
- Azure IoT Protocol Gateway - Azure IoT protocol gateway is a framework for protocol adaptation that enables bi-directional communication with Azure IoT Hub. It is a pass-through component that bridges traffic between connected IoT devices and IoT Hub.
- Azure IoT device SDK - The Microsoft Azure IoT device SDKs contain code that facilitates building devices and applications that connect to and are managed by Azure IoT Hub services.
- Azure IoT service SDK - The Azure IoT service SDKs contain code to facilitate building applications that interact directly with IoT Hub to manage devices and security.
- Azure IoT Gateway SDK - Azure IoT Gateway SDK contains the infrastructure and modules to create IoT gateway solutions. You can extend the SDK to create gateways tailored to any end-to-end scenario.
Libraries and Tools
- Azure IoT Toolkit - Azure IoT Toolkit Extension for Visual Studio Code: Interact with Azure IoT Hub; IoT Device Management; Discover Ethernet, USB serial, WiFi connected devices; Deploy and run code in remote machine.
- Azure IoT Web Client - A web-based client tool for Azure IoT Hub to send and monitor device-to-cloud messages.
- Azure CLI - Commands to connect, monitor, and control millions of IoT assets.
- IoT Hub REST API - The REST APIs for IoT Hub offer programmatic access to the device and messaging services, as well as the resource provder, in IoT Hub.
- IoT Hub Explorer - A CLI tool to manage device identities in your IoT hub registry, send and receive messages and files from your devices, and monitor your IoT hub operations.
- Device Explorer - This tool enables you to perform operations such as manage the devices registered to an IoT hub, view device-to-cloud messages sent to an IoT hub, and send cloud-to-device messages from an IoT hub. Note this tool only runs on Windows.
- IoT Hub Diagnostics Tool - This tool is provided to help diagnose issues with a device connecting to Azure IoT Hubs.
- Azure IoT Developer Center - Get started with Azure IoT Suite and IoT Hub and learn how easy it is to connect your IoT devices to Microsoft Azure.
- Azure IoT Hub Code Samples - Learn to interact with Azure IoT Hub through code.
- Azure IoT Suite - Get started quickly with Microsoft Azure IoT Suite. Use preconfigured solutions, and accelerate the development of your Internet of Things (IoT) solution.
- Internet of Things partners - Connect with a partner to unleash the powerful potential and business value of the Internet of Things (IoT). Whether you’re looking for a complete IoT solution, or building your own using certified devices, engage with an Azure IoT partner to tailor a solution for the needs of your business.
- Azure Blog for Internet of Things - The official Microsoft Azure Blog for topics about Internet of Things.