Wanting Azure at your institution
Option 1. Microsoft Imagine Access https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0144p/
This offer provides special Azure access rights to students that are validated through the Microsoft Imagine program. Enrol here
Microsoft Imagine gets you started with the Microsoft Azure services you need to develop in the cloud at no cost* using Visual Studio Community 2015. This benefit provides you access to a free tier including the following services:
- Azure App Services – A fully-managed cloud offering that enables you to build and deploy native and web apps in minutes. Use the technology you love – ASP.NET, Java, PHP, Node.js or Python. Add a variety of essential app services including authentication, social integration, offline data sync, and more, regardless of whether your app runs on Windows 10, iOS, or Android. Set-up continuous integration and deployment workflows with VSO, GitHub, TeamCity, Hudson or BitBucket – enabling you to automatically build, test and deploy your web app on each successful code check-in or integration tests.
- Notification Hubs – Keep your app in-touch with users by enabling you to send mobile push notifications tailored by audience, language, and location using any back end, and major mobile platforms.
- SQL Database – Build secure, global SaaS applications that support massive scale.
- MySQL database from MySQL in-app(Preview) which gives you the experience of native MySQL support for your Web Apps. You can deploy CMS solutions such as WordPress , Joomla etc. or custom application driven by MySQL database. Read this article to learn more about MySQL in-app(Preview) feature.
- Application Insights provides you with the deep diagnostics and performance telemetry to ensure your web apps and services are running at their maximum potential. Search and analyze your data to continuously improve your application, prioritize future investments and improve the overall customer experience.
- Visual Studio Team Services provides a set of cloud-powered collaboration tools that work with your existing IDE or editor, so your team can work effectively on software projects of all shapes and sizes.
Microsoft Azure for Microsoft Imagine is available now for validated Microsoft Imagine students at no cost, commitment, or time limit. You can access more services later if you want, but you can host your web apps and websites today with the power of the Microsoft cloud behind you and it won’t cost you anything.
*Costs are limited by providing access to Azure services that include a free tier of service use. For more details on Azure pricing, please visit our Pricing page.
You will initially only be able to access Azure services that are available with a free tier of service use. Your account will start with a zero dollar Spending Limit, which means that you will only be able to consume Azure services within the free tier of the service offer. You can choose to upgrade to Azure Free Trial, if you have not already created an Azure Free Trial and consume Azure services beyond the free tier. If you have already created an Azure Free Trial then you have the option to upgrade to a Pay-As-You-Go subscription. Microsoft Imagine subscriptions are not eligible for quota increases. If you have a Microsoft Imagine subscription and want it increase your quotas, you can upgrade to a Pay-As-You-Go subscription.
Option 2. Visual Studio Dev Essentials Azure https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0022p/
As a Visual Studio Dev Essentials member, you have the power of the cloud at your command. Integrated tools, pre-built templates, and managed services in Azure make it easier to build and manage enterprise, mobile, web, and Internet of Things (IoT) apps faster, using skills you already have and technologies you already know.https://www.visualstudio.com/dev-essentials/
Free access to cloud services such as compute and storage, backend services for your mobile or web apps, services for IoT, machine learning, and analytics.
- Azure credit ($300/year)*
- Visual Studio Team Services account with five users*
- App Service free tier
- HockeyApp free tier
- Application Insights free tier
Need Azure for your dev team?
While the monthly Azure credit for Dev Essentials is great for your personal dev/test workloads, it isn’t optimal for work you’re doing as a team. Thankfully, we’ve created a couple options for you to get lower dev/test rates, access to Windows 10 for dev/test, along with other advantages:
Enterprise Dev/Test: if your organization has an Enterprise Agreement (EA) purchasing contract with Microsoft
You must maintain an active Visual Studio Dev Essentials membership to enjoy this benefit. This offer is limited to one per new customer, and lasts for 12 months. It cannot be redeemed for an account where any other free offer has previously been redeemed. Upon expiration, you must remove your spending limit to convert your monthly credit for Dev Essentials to Pay-As-You-Go, otherwise your services will be disabled.
The following monthly usage quotas are applied. If you need more than these limits, please contact customer service at any time so that we can understand your needs and adjust these limits appropriately.
Option 3. Azure CSP https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/offers/ms-azr-0145p/
As a Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) partner, transact across Microsoft Cloud services (i.e. Azure, O365, Enterprise Mobility Suite and Dynamics CRM Online) through a single platform. CSP enables partners to: own the customer lifecycle and relationship end-to-end; set the price and terms and directly bill customers; directly provision and manage subscriptions; attach value-added services; and be the first point of contact for customer support.
Inframon have created the following offer for Educational customers a free 3 month trail with including a one day workshop and £2000 of credit to Inframon HyperCloud contact inframon for more details
Option 4. Azure Enterprise Agreement https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/enterprise-agreement/
Microsoft is making it easier than ever for enterprises to use Azure. The Enterprise Agreement offers enterprise customers distinct benefits as they invest in Azure. Microsoft continues to deliver Azure innovations to the market, while improving the transparency and simplicity of Azure to ensure that customers get a great price regardless of where they buy, because Azure pricing is always as low or lower than AWS on Azure.com for comparable services.
Enterprise Agreement customers that have direct relationships with Microsoft can pay Microsoft at the end of the year for unplanned growth, as long as use is within certain thresholds
Azure, via the Enterprise Agreement, also gives customers access to the Enterprise Portal, a great resource for customers managing multiple accounts or subscriptions.
Any Enterprise Agreement customer can add Azure to their agreement by making an upfront monetary commitment to Azure. That commitment is consumed throughout the year by using any combination of the wide variety of cloud services Azure offers from its global data centres.
Pay for added usage at the same great Enterprise Agreement rates.
Azure can be added to an Enterprise Agreement at any time, although the anniversary or expiration of an existing Enterprise Agreement commitment is a great time to evaluate how you can take advantage of the tremendous cloud value Azure offers for enterprises.
Contact your Microsoft account manager or call us on 0800 098 8435.