The countdown is on - only two weeks to XP End of Support
With a modern operating system, you have access to an endless array of benefits including faster connections, a whole new world of apps and better security. Once you've decided to upgrade, follow the easy steps outlined below before the deadline to keep your online life intact.The truth is that XP is almost 13 years old. Think of your cell phone … you probably aren't using the one you had 13 years ago. You’ve moved on to one that’s faster, better and safer. A similar situation applies to people with XP. It’s time to move on but first, you have to understand what EOS means to you.
After April 8, there will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. As soon as April 9, your computer and personal information will be vulnerable to security threats and will no longer receive automatic updates. Of course, you’ll still be able to use your computer, but why risk it?
- Step 1: Check to see if you’re using XP in the first place by clicking here. If so, move to step two. If not, you’re in luck, although now may still may be a good time to upgrade your device…. and you can skip to step 4.
- Step 2: Research the benefits of Windows 8.1 by doing a side-by-side comparison with your current system.
- Step 3: Determine if your system meets the requirements for an upgrade or if you’re better off purchasing a new device.
- Step 4: Explore cool new devices available from Microsoft. You can either visit a local store to get up close and personal with a new PC or purchase online.
- Step 5: Enjoy a modern operating system!
For more information on XP End of Support, click here.