FIM Guru - How to Bulk Import Attributes Flow Rules into a Synchronization Rule in the Portal
It's time for another July TechNet Guru winner!
Here is the gold-medal-winning article:
Now let's look at all the winning articles:
|Forefront Identity Manager Technical Guru - July 2013|
|Ike Ugochuku||FIM 2010 R2: HowTo - Bulk import of attributes flow rules into Synchronization Rule in the Portal||Peter Laker: "Excellent article"Ed Price: "It's great that you thought of the Prerequisites section."|
|Ike Ugochuku||FIM 2010 R2: HowTo - Make a connection to Oracle Database 11g||Peter Laker: "Very close second. Nice layout and content."Ed Price: "Good formatting. The steps could be introduced more and given numbers. More explanations would help. Great job!"|
Just the two entries, so Bronze goes unclaimed this month. Great work however from the two we received.
And here's an excerpt from the article:
I had to create 6 Sync rules each one with 100+ attribute flows. It would take me at least 2 dedicated workdays to do this repetitive task. My research revealed that the only means available to automate this task is to adapt the Migration deployment steps
Here is how I adapted these steps to accomplish this work in less than 20 minutes.
- FIM 2010 R2 should be installed, the sync engine and the Portal should be installed.
- The FIM Service MA should be configured and synchronized.
- In the sync engine make sure that all the required Metaverse (MV) attributes are present, there may be some custom attributes that need to be created. In the Management Agent for the sync rule make sure all the required local attributes have been selected.
- Refresh the Portal schema. Go to the FIM Service MA re-enter the MA account password and click ok.
- Make sure you can run powershell scripts on the server.
- Make sure you are logged with an account with rights to the Portal e.g the Portal service account.
- Go to the FIM Portal and create the Sync rules you want e.g Contoso AD Sync Inbound, Contoso AD Sync Outbound. See the following links below on how to do this
Read the rest here:
Also, for the August Guru competition, see TechNet Guru Contributions - August 2013.
Are you a Wiki Ninja? http://technet.com/wiki
- User Ed