Tip #88: Did you know… To not stress your server, limit the number of concurrent requests
- You might want to reduce the load that Site Analysis cause to your server at any given time
- You might have a Denial-of-service detection system such as our Dynamic IP Restrictions IIS module that will start failing requests based on number of requests in a certain amount of time
- Or If you like me have to go through a Proxy and it has a configured limit of number of requests per minute you are allowed to issue
In Beta 1 we do not support the Crawl-delay directive in the Robots exclusion protocol; in future versions we will look at adding support this setting. The good news is that in Beta 1 we do have a configurable setting that can help you achieve this goals called Maximum Number of Concurrent Requests that you can configure.
To set it:
- Go to the Site Analysis Reports page
- Select the option "Edit Feature Settings..." as show in the next image
- In the "Edit Feature Settings" dialog you will see the Maximum Number of Concurrent Requests option that you can set to any value from 1 to 16. The default value is 8 which means at any given time we will issue 8 requests to the server.
Carlos Aguilar Mares, IIS Team