Wiki Life: How To Calculate Your Belt Ranking
Hi ! Today I will show you how to calculate your belt ranking.
Belt ranking ?
You don't know what the belt ranking is ? You should begin by looking at the blog posts What is a Wiki Ninja? And Why? and Wiki Ninjas - Why ninjas?. Then take a look at the Wiki article Wiki Ninja Belt Rankings for more information.
This (great !) system was introduced less than one year ago and is also still in progress.
Why should I calculate my belt ranking ?
I will answer your question by asking another one: "Can you imagine a ninja without a belt ?". And I will go further: "Can you imagine Chuck Norris without a belt ?" Im-po-ssi-ble !
That's why you should calculate your rank and add your name to the existing list.
Let's calculate !
You have 2 options to calculate your rank:
- Look at the requirements described in the Wiki Ninja Belt Rankings Wiki page,
- Use the interactive image below.
Concerning this "interactive image", you have just to move your mouse over a belt to see its requirements. Once you have determined what your rank is, right-click on the belt and launch the associated URL in a new tab/window: you will access the section where you have to add your name. You can also click on the ninja to access the Wiki Ninja Belt Ranking Wiki Page (thanks Gokan for this ninja :)).
- From the beginning, you can jump directly to the blue belt; otherwise, start from the white belt,
- Then, check each belt requirements, one after the other, starting from the bottom to the top,
- Don't look only at the numbers (articles, editions, comments), as they are other possible requirements (medals, Top Weekly Contributors, ...),
- The "International Wiki Ninjas" is still a work in progress, so please don't add your name in this section.
The popups display the requirements to get the belt; for example to get the blue belt, you should have have written 20 articles, made 200 article edits, and placed 5 times in the Top Weekly Contributors.
Concerning the "other possible requirements" I talked earlier in this article, you can have a look at the "Brown belt" which requires the "Wiki Contributor III" medal, or to the "Black Belt - 3rd Dan" which requires you to have at least 1 techNet Wiki featured article.
When you click on a belt, you access the page where you can add your name in the section corresponding to your belt; you could also see on which level the others are !
You want a reference ? Ed is a Black Belt (3rd Dan) ...
Benoît, The French Wiki Ninja