Wiki Life: TechNet Wiki + MSDN/TechNet Gallery = AMAZING!!!!
Welcome to Wiki Life Wednesday! For this Wiki Life, I'm bringing back one of my favorite series to blog about: social synergy.
First, I want to say that this topic isn't new. For years, we've been preaching the value of using MSDN and TechNet Gallery in conjunction with TechNet Wiki! In fact, this blog post is over 3 years old: Wiki Life: Should I use the Gallery or TechNet Wiki?
And there's no real reason to repeat all that, because it's still the same! All the arguments are still golden!
Read all about it here:
- Wiki Life: Should I use the Gallery or TechNet Wiki?
- Synergy between the TechNet Wiki and TechNet Gallery
- Community Win: Social Synergy across TechNet Forums, TechNet Wiki, TechNet Gallery, TechNet Wiki again, and now TechNet Blogs
- Using TechNet Wiki as Documentation Platform for CodePlex
So then what is today's blog about?
Well, thanks to XAML guy's amazing-tastic monthly TechNet Guru contest, we've had a lot of great articles posted on TechNet Wiki in the last year and a half, and those articles have had a LOT of code in them! And that was a great place for us to recommend best practices of putting your larger code snippets and samples up on the Gallery!
In other words, when we wrote those blogs above, we were writing about WHAT WE WANTED TO HAPPEN!
We weren't writing about what was happening.
But times have changed!
And now, I present to you a list of all the AMAZING articles from our wonderful community that have synergized with MSDN and TechNet Gallery!
Check them out and see the clever ways they link to the Gallery items!
And if you're writing up code snippets, samples, or even tools to accompany your TechNet Wiki articles, then I recommend putting them on the MSDN or TechNet Gallery and linking to them from your Wiki article!
For example, when you write a Wiki article, you want to break up your code a lot and explain it all, so that people can follow along! But you also want to have the code available as a single unit that they can download or copy from. That's where the Gallery item comes into play. It's the best of both worlds, and as the articles mention above (you did read them, right?), YOU BUILD TWO SOURCES OF COMMUNITY, RECOGNITION POINTS, and ACHIEVEMENT MEDALS instead of just one!
What could be better than that?
And so with one further ado...
Here are your wonderful TechNet Wiki articles that include links to Gallery Items (MSDN Gallery, TechNet Gallery, CodePlex, or GitHub):
[EDIT, PG] Below is an initial list. Please keep the list up to date here: TechNet Wiki and Gallery Synergy
- ASP.NET MVC - AngularJS, Web API and EntityFramework to build SPA
- ASP.NET WebApi - Use Redis as CacheManager
- AutoCompleteBox for Universal apps
- BizTalk: How to use MessageBox Viewer to compare multiple environments
- BizTalk script to deal with suspended messages (vbs)
- Blackboard Design Pattern: A Practical Example - Radar Defense System
- C Sharp: Multi-Types Application
- Communicating Between Classes
- Create a Universal Application with Windows App Studio
- Export To CSV for Windows Store apps
- Get Notified when a database status changes
- How to get unique permissions for sites/lists/libraries for Office 365/SharePoint 2013 On-Prem
- Microsoft’s Windows App Studio Beta: Submit Menu App in the Store
- Modern UI for WPF application by example (handle navigation)
- Modern UI for WPF application by example (NavigationService - MVVM)
- Part one: Sqlite on Windows Phone 8.1
- Part one: the Nokia Maps on Windows Phone 8.
- SharePoint 2013: Install Prerequisites Offline or Manually on Windows Server 2012 - A Comprehensive Guide
- SharePoint 2010 and 2013 Browser File Handling Deep Dive
- SharePoint: Browser File Handling Deep Dive
- Small Basic Curriculum: Lesson 2.1: Graphics Window
- Small Basic Curriculum: Lesson 2.2: Turtle Graphics
- Small Basic Curriculum: Lesson 2.3: Exploring Shapes
- Small Basic Curriculum: Lesson 2.4: Sound, Program, and Text Objects
- Small Basic Curriculum: Lesson 2.5: Clock, Desktop, and Dictionary Objects
- Small Basic Curriculum: Lesson 2.6: Flickr, ImageList, and Network Objects
- SQL Server load balancing
- SSAS: Explaining the GetClusterCharacteristics Stored Procedure for Sequence Clustering Models
- SSAS: Explaining the State Transitions Viewer for Sequence Clustering
- T-SQL: Error Handling for CHECK Constraints
- T-SQL: How to Generate Random Passwords
- T-SQL: How to Get the Latest Costs
- T-SQL: INSTEAD OF Triggers
- Table of Content Web Part: Slightly different in SharePoint 2013 / Online
- The class GeocodeQuery in Windows Phone 8.
- Transact-SQL: Join Order
- Transact-SQL: Return DBCC Output in a View
- User Page: Durval Ramos
- Using Prism for Windows Runtime
- Wiki: Fix Color Issues in Wiki Articles
- Wiki Ninja Stick Figures
- Windows Phone 8: ReverseGeocodeQuery class
- WPF: CollectionView Tips
- WPF ComboBox Binding in DataGrid
- WPF: Dynamic XAML
- WPF DynamicResource ObservableCollection
- WPF: Entity Framework MVVM Walk Through 1
- WPF: Keeping your MVVM Views DRY
Help us make it easy to track these articles by adding this tag:
Thanks to all the contributors!
Did I miss your article? Then post a link to it in the comments below, and I'll add it!
Have a good bye, and remember to jump on in!!! The Wiki is warm.
- Ninja Ed