SharePoint 2013 RTM available on TechNet and MSDN
This morning I received an email advising that the Technical Preview version of SharePoint 2013 has been updated to the Release To Manufacturing version and is now available for download from TechNet and MSDN.
So no excuses now, download the RTM version and start building your business solutions today.
Some of the new capabilities of SharePoint 2013 that I am most excited about are;
- Updated MySite infrastructure with integrated Social Collaboration capabilities
- Following documents, people, site and tags
- Creating and replying to conversations
- New Communities site template
- Create Communities of Practice discussion arenas
- Add Gamification concepts to engage and change user culture
- Capture and share knowledge and ideas (ideation)
- Drag and drop directly to the browser into a document library
- Take documents offline from SharePoint to your PC using SkyDrive Pro sync and the Office Upload Center
- Accessing my SharePoint environment from anywhere on any device (including my Windows 8 PC, my Windows 8 Surface, my son’s iPad and my Xbox 360)
- Ability to create tasks and timeline views and many places (i.e. each project or virtual team I work in) and then have all the allocated task centralise to my MySite task list.
- Major overhaul of Web Content Management capabilities including
- Machine Language Translations Service using Bing Translations
- Device Channel targeting based on User Agent strings and specifying master pages and CSS styles
- Image Renditions for automatic image optimisation
- Catalog template and topic pages
- Search driven content scenarios
- Integration with Dynamics AX 6.2 for a complete commerce and shopping cart experience with a payment gateway
- Merging of the best of SharePoint Search with the best of FAST Search to produce a new single Search Core