Advanced Real World Help Desk with System Center 2012 SP1 Service Manager
Learn how the Cloud and Datacenter Management team built a CUBE using Service Manager and Operations Manager (Alerts & Tickets) to streamline our business. We will discuss the challenges of running large monitoring systems and how we use the Alert/Ticketing data to:
• Clean Up Management Packs in OM
• Reduce the alert volumes sent to your Helpdesk or Engineers
• Identify ways to reduced your operational monitoring costs
• Leveraging the Out of Box CUBE with Service Manager
• Identify the Metrics to capture & report on
• Benefits of adding other System Center products like Configuration Manager to further measure your systems
Our goal with building a CUBE was to reduce costs, streamline actionable escalations to Engineers & leverage the System Center suit for both on premises systems as well as Azure and Hyper-VMM systems.
Note: This presentation was originally given at a Microsoft internal event called ‘TechReady’. Although most of the presentations at a TechReady event are typically Microsoft Confidential, we have specifically prepared this presentation to be shared with a public audience. Please disregard the ‘Microsoft Confidential – Internal Only’ footnote that is present in the PowerPoint template for presentations at this conference.