Week of November 11: Lots of Powershell, Azure for IT Pros, and learning resources for Windows Server 2012 R2
We’re getting ready for MVP Summit here in Redmond next week, and looking forward to meeting with the MVPs who are able to attend. While preparing for their visit, however, the MVPs keep blogging.
Keep learning about PowerShell with the links below. Not only are the PowerShell MVPs offering their usual set of tips (including Desired State Configuration), you can also learn how to user PowerShell from other MVPs. Also—you know how PowerShell capabilities depend on the version of PowerShell you’re running? Here’s how to programmatically test for version.
With IaaS, Azure is also getting increasing interest from the IT Pro community. Here’s some testing results from running Remote Desktop Services in Azure, as well as an overview of things that you should know if considering using the platform.
If you’re a fan of interactive learning, this roundup is a good opportunity to hear about in-person and online events such as PASS, E2EVC, Truth in IT series, the PowerShell Deployment Toolkit video (German) and the SMB Kitchen Chat. Or check out some reading material.
- A Look Back at PASS Summit 2013 and Two Weeks of Training in Australia
- Chicago Mission Critical SQL Server Class – Grab Your Seat Today!
- (2013-11-03) What Happens When The Password Of A User Is Reset While Being Logged On?
- (2013-11-04) What Happens When The AD User Account Expires While Being Logged On?
- Windows 8.1|Windows Server 2012 R2: Los cambios de la interfaz de usuario de Shell
- Windows Server 2012 R2, new features
- Miami and Tampa: Wrapping Up The Truth About Virtualization Seminar Series
- Storage Field Day 4: Live This Week!
- Renaming GPOs with PowerShell
- Group Policy Settings Reference Available for Windows 8.1
- GP Preferences for Internet Explorer 11
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 Is Available
- Some Windows Server 2012 R2 & Exchange 2013 Reading For You
- Double-Take Move Partners With Microsoft For Easy Migration From VMware To Hyper-V Via System Center
- Windows Intune “Wave F”
- Presentation & Demos E2EVC Rome 2013
- Enabling Jumbo Frames Inside Virtual Machines Enhances Throughput & Reduces CPU Load
- Windows Azure Pack Wiki
- Hotfix: VM Virtual Fibre Channel Loses Access to LUN after Live Migration
- Disk Performance counters in Windows Server 2012 R2 Task Manager
- Speaking at TechNet Conference 2013
- PowerShell – Get File Hash
- Manage Windows Azure AD using Windows PowerShell
- PowerShell function to report users in domain local groups
- PowerShell function to find groups with no users as members
- Vendors are picking up on PowerShell
- PowerShell function to list users in Authoritative Groups in Active Directory
- More PowerShell Trace Window Fun
- Turn On PowerShell Help Window
- PowerShell Clean Up Tools
- Get PowerShell Version with WMI
- PowerTips Monthly: PowerShell Reference Library
- #PSTip How to combine trace log entries from all SharePoint farm servers using PowerShell
- HP Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell
Remote Desktop Services
- GPU Requirements for RemoteFX on Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft released Windows Azure: Desktop Hosting Deployment Guide
- Remote Desktop Protocol 8.1 update for Windows 7 SP1 is now available!