The Beta release of MS-MPI v5 is now available
We are happy to announce today the Beta release of the newest version of Microsoft MPI (MS-MPI).
MS-MPI v5 Beta is the pre-release version for the successor to HPC Pack 2012 R2 MS-MPI Redistributable Package (v4.2.4400, released on 1/14/2014).
You can download a copy of MS-MPI v5 Beta from the High Performance Computing Beta Program, on Microsoft Connect. If you haven’t joined this program already, we encourage you to join today! By joining the program you can download pre-release versions, submit ideas for new features, and report bugs.
This Beta version of MS-MPI v5 includes the following features, improvements, and fixes:
- Fixed and improved the affinity algorithms for mpiexec.exe (i.e., -affinity and -affinity_layout options)
- Support for MPI_Win_allocate_shared
- Support for MPI_Comm_split_type
- Support for MPI_Get_library_version
- Support for configuring the queue depths used for Network Direct connections using the MSMPI_ND_SENDQ_DEPTH and MSMPI_ND_RECVQ_DEPTH environment variables
- Removed the dependency on the Visual Studio runtime
- Fixed incompatibility with Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 when building mixed Fortran and C++ applications
- Added SAL annotations to the APIs to better support static code analysis of MPI applications
Important: This software is a pre-release version for evaluation purposes only, and it should not be used in a production environment. Features and behavior can change before the final release.
Note: The SDK components for MS-MPI (headers and libraries) ship separately from the redistributable package binary files. The SDK components are also available in this Beta release.
To learn more about MS-MPI, see Microsoft MPI on MSDN.
You can also find useful information, and ask your own questions, in the Windows HPC MPI Forum.