Introducing - Standards Based Management in Windows Server "8"
We are excited to introduce the investments we have made in Windows Server “8” through this excellent blog post Standards based management in Windows Server 8 by Jeffrey Snover and Wojtek Kozaczynski.
It’s a very detailed overview covering “Why Standards based management matters” and “What we have done in Windows “8” to take cloud-management to a new level”. It talks about following
investment areas providing an excellent E2E picture
- Simplified WMI provider development using MI API.
- Standard compliant protocol, ready for large-scale distributed management.
- Client development using MI .NET Client API.
- PowerShell cmdlets to manage CIM end-points (CIM Cmdlets).
- PowerShell cmdlets written as a CIM Provider (CIM-Based Cmdlets).
- Management OData IIS extension.
In the next few weeks, we will take you through a deep dive of each of these areas. So tighten your seat belts and get ready for take for takeoff – it is going to be an exciting journey.
-Team 'Standards Based Management'