Version 2 of Expression Web has arrived !
The Expression website was relaunched yesterday with a fresh new look and experience to coincide with the release of Expression Studio 2. Now you can get your hands on free trial versions of each program in Expression Studio 2 including Expression Web 2 or buy the program.
So what's new in Expression Web 2?
- Efficiently edit your PHP pages with the robust set of PHP editing features, including PHP Include rendering in the design surface
- Preview your PHP and ASP.NET pages in your browser with a single click of a button, using the built-in Expression Development Server
- Import Photoshop .PSD files
- Add Flash or Windows Media files to your pages, and enhanced ActiveX support
- Drag and drop ASP.NET AJAX controls into your pages
- Harness the power of ASP.NET 3.5
- Work with custom ASP.NET controls, such as the controls in the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit, simply by adding the controls to the BIN folder in your website
- Accurate design view rendering of the CSS Overflow property, and support for the IE 7 CSS Schema
- Enhanced FTP publishing
- Improved prebuilt CSS page layouts
- Byte order mark options
- Support for Silverlight 1
You can buy the upgrade for version 2 for only $99 if you own any of the following:
- Licensed copy of an earlier version of Expression Web
- Adobe Creative Suite - any version
- Adobe/Macromedia Flash or Director - any version
- Adobe/Macromedia Dreamweaver - any version
- Adobe GoLive - any version
- Microsoft Office - any version
- Microsoft FrontPage® - any version
- Quark QuarkXPress - any version
- Corel - any version
Once you've installed Expression Web 2, discuss the program with others at the newish Expression Web forum., check out learning options at the newish Expression Community website, or checkout the newsgroup for Expression Web. And submit feedback at the Connect website for Expression.