Windows Phone Toolkit Update For Windows Phone 8 and 7.x
Windows Phone Toolkit provides the developer community with new components, functionality, and an efficient way to help shape product development. WPToolkit releases include open source code, samples & docs, plus design-time support for the Windows Phone platform. Download it here.
- Refactored project to support Windows Phone 7.1, 8.0 and more with maximum code sharing.
- WP8 Map API extensions, including Modern PushPin control
- LongListMultiSelector control, including Grid view multiselect.
- Control themes updated to match WP8 UI
- Large number of RTL bugs fixed now that RTL is a fully supported feature in WP8
- 25+ bugs fixed
- Contains all the fixes, improvements and new controls that were part of the September 2012 release, you can read more about that here: Windows Phone Toolkit – September 2012 Release
- Removed LongListSelector as it’s now part of the SDK
- Removed Tuple.cs
- Removed PerformanceProgressBar (though we are taking the suggestion that we should add it back as a descendent of ProgressBar for backcompat)
- Removed GestureListener
Components in #WPToolkit
Effects – SlideInEffect, TiltEffect and TurnstileFeatherEffect
LongListSelector for 7.x
MultiSelect for 7.x
Samples are included in the source code.
Get NuGet Package Manager
NuGet 2.1 is a free, open source developer focused package management system for the .NET platform intent on simplifying the process of incorporating third party libraries into a .NET application during development. It supports Visual Studio 2012 and 2010.
NuGet requires that PowerShell 2.0 be installed. Powershell 2.0 is already installed if you have one of the following operating systems installed: Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2