Utility applications for Azure Stack HCI
Applies to: Azure Stack HCI, version 20H2
Azure Stack HCI is a hyperconverged infrastructure stack that’s uniquely positioned for hybrid infrastructure, allowing customers to take advantage of cloud and on-premises resources working together and natively monitor, secure and back up to the cloud. To learn more, see the Azure Stack HCI solution overview.
This topic spotlights utility applications from Microsoft partners that support the operating system.
We recommend using Microsoft Defender Antivirus with the operating system. Other antivirus and malware detection software and services might impact the operating system’s ability to receive updates. This guidance might change in future releases of the operating system.
Utility applications that support the operating system are available from the following Microsoft partners.
Altaro VM Backup is an award-winning VM backup and replication solution for Hyper-V and VMware environments. Designed for IT departments, IT resellers and consultants, and Managed Service Providers (MSPs), the solution provides robust, streamlined, enterprise-level functionality.
- Application listing: Virtual Machine Backup and Replication for Hyper-V and VMware
- Application support: Altaro support for Azure Stack HCI
- Replication support: Altaro WAN-Optimized Replication
To learn how you can back up VMs running on Azure Stack HCI with ease, check out the Solution Brief.
Veeam Backup & Replication is the one solution for simple, reliable, and flexible protection of all your cloud, virtual, and physical workloads. Take the stress out of managing your data protection, ransomware prevention, and compliance challenges.
- Application listing: Veeam Backup & Replication
- Application support: Veeam Support for Azure Stack HCI
- Replication support for Hyper-V VMs
To get modern data protection for your Azure Stack HCI deployment, check out the Solution Brief.
Commvault is a complete data management platform to store, protect, manage, and use data across on-premises and cloud locations.
- Application listing: Microsoft Azure Stack
- Application support: Azure Stack HCI
- Commvault Backup and Recovery Now Supports Microsoft Azure Stack HCI
To enhance your Azure Stack HCI deployment with intelligent data management, check out the Solution Brief.
Veritas Backup Exec is an easy-to-use backup and recovery solution that helps protect your environment’s virtual, physical, and cloud resources.
- Application listing: Backup Exec
- Application support: Protect Azure Stack HCI with Backup Exec
- Veritas Backup Exec support for Microsoft Azure
To simplify data protection on your Azure Stack HCI deployment, check out the Solution Brief.
Datadog is a fully unified platform encompassing infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring, log management, user-experience monitoring, and more.
- Application listing: Modern monitoring & security
- Application support: Monitor Microsoft Azure Stack HCI with Datadog
To observe and correlate disparate data types across your entire infrastructure including Azure Stack HCI, check out the Solution Brief.
For more information, see also: