Azure AD B2C is a cloud identity management solution for your web and mobile applications. It is a highly available global service that scales to hundreds of millions of identities. Built on an enterprise-grade secure platform, Azure AD B2C keeps your applications, your business, and your customers protected.
With minimal configuration, Azure AD B2C enables your application to authenticate:
- Social Accounts (such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and more)
- Enterprise Accounts (using open standard protocols, OpenID Connect or SAML)
- Local Accounts (email address and password, or username and password)
First, get your own tenant by using the steps outlined in Create an Azure AD B2C tenant.
Then choose your application development scenario:
Mobile & Desktop Apps
Single Page Apps
|Call a .NET Web API|
Check back here often to learn about future changes to the Azure Active Directory B2C. We also tweet about any updates by using @AzureAD.
- In addition to "Built-in Policies" (General Availability), the "Custom Policies" feature is now available in public preview. Custom policies are for identity pros that need control over the composition of their identity experience.
- The Access Token feature is now available in public preview.
- General Availability of Europe-based Azure AD B2C directories has been announced.
- Check out our growing library of code samples on Github!
Learn how to use specific Azure Active Directory B2C features:
- Configure Facebook, Google+, Microsoft account, Amazon, and LinkedIn accounts for use in your consumer-facing applications.
- Use custom attributes to collect information about your consumers.
- Enable Azure Multi-Factor Authentication in your consumer-facing applications.
- Set up self-service password reset for your consumers.
- Customize the look and feel of sign-up, sign in, and other consumer-facing pages that are served by Azure Active Directory B2C.
- Use the Azure Active Directory Graph API to programmatically create, read, update, and delete consumers in your Azure Active Directory B2C tenant.
These links are useful for exploring the service in depth:
- See the Azure Active Directory B2C pricing information.
- Review our code samples for Azure Active Directory B2C.
- Get help on Stack Overflow by using the azure-ad-b2c tag.
- Give us your thoughts by using User Voice, we want to hear them!
- Review the Azure AD B2C Protocol Reference.
- Review the Azure AD B2C Token Reference.
- Read the Azure Active Directory B2C FAQs.
- File support requests for Azure Active Directory B2C.
Get security updates for our products
We encourage you to get notifications of when security incidents occur by visiting this page and subscribing to Security Advisory Alerts.