Set up sign-up and sign-in with a LinkedIn account using Azure Active Directory B2C
Create a LinkedIn application
To use a LinkedIn account as an identity provider in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) B2C, you need to create an application in your tenant that represents it. If you don’t already have a LinkedIn account, you can get it at https://www.linkedin.com/.
- Sign in to the LinkedIn Developers website with your LinkedIn account credentials.
- Select My Apps, and then click Create Application.
- Enter Company Name, Application Name, Application Description, Application Logo, Application Use, Website URL, Business Email, and Business Phone.
- Copy the values of Client ID and Client Secret. You can find them under Authentication Keys. You will need both of them to configure LinkedIn as an identity provider in your tenant. Client Secret is an important security credential.
https://your-tenant-name.b2clogin.com/your-tenant-name.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/authrespin Authorized Redirect URLs. Replace
your-tenant-namewith the name of your tenant. You need to use all lowercase letters when entering your tenant name even if the tenant is defined with uppercase letters in Azure AD B2C. Select Add, and then click Update.
Configure a LinkedIn account as an identity provider
- Sign in to the Azure portal as the global administrator of your Azure AD B2C tenant.
Make sure you're using the directory that contains your Azure AD B2C tenant by clicking the Directory and subscription filter in the top menu and choosing the directory that contains your tenant.
Choose All services in the top-left corner of the Azure portal, search for and select Azure AD B2C.
- Select Identity providers, and then select Add.
- Provide a Name. For example, enter LinkedIn.
- Select Identity provider type, select LinkedIn, and click OK.
- Select Set up this identity provider and enter the Client Id that you recorded earlier as the Client ID and enter the Client Secret that you recorded as the Client secret of the LinkedIn account application that you created earlier.
- Click OK and then click Create to save your LinkedIn account configuration.