Leave an organization as a guest user
An Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) B2B guest user can decide to leave an organization at any time if they no longer need to use apps from that organization or maintain any association. A user can leave an organization on their own, without having to contact an administrator.
Leave an organization
To leave an organization, follow these steps.
Go to your Access Panel Profile page by doing one of the following:
- In the Azure portal, click your name in the upper right and select View account.
- Open your Access Panel, click your name in the upper right, and next to Organizations, select the settings icon (gear).
If you’re not already signed in to the organization you want to leave, under Organizations, click the Sign in to leave organization link next to the organization’s name. After you’re signed in, click your name again in the upper right and next to Organizations, select the settings icon (gear).
Under Organizations, find the organization that you want to leave, and select Leave organization.
When asked to confirm, select Leave.
When a user leaves an organization, the user account is "soft deleted" in the directory. By default, the user object moves to the Deleted users area in Azure AD but is not permanently deleted for 30 days. This soft deletion enables the administrator to restore the user account (including groups and permissions), if the user makes a request to restore the account within the 30-day period.
If desired, a tenant administrator can permanently delete the account at any time during the 30-day period. To do this:
- In the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory.
- Under Manage, select Users.
- Select Deleted users.
- Select the check box next to a deleted user, and then select Delete permanently.
If you permanently delete a user, this action is irrevocable.
If you’re interested in viewing or deleting personal data, please see the Azure Data Subject Requests for the GDPR article. If you’re looking for general info about GDPR, see the GDPR section of the Service Trust portal.
- For an overview of Azure AD B2B, see What is Azure AD B2B collaboration?
Send feedback about: