Quickstart: Download an audit report using the Azure portal
In this quickstart, you learn how to download a CSV file of the audit logs for your tenant for the past 24 hours. You can download up to 250,000 records from the Azure portal. The records are sorted by most recent so by default, you get the most recent 250,000 records.
- An Azure Active Directory tenant.
- A user, who is in the Security Administrator, Security Reader, or Global Administrator role for the tenant. In addition, any user in the tenant can access their own audit logs.
Quickstart: Download an audit report
- Navigate to the Azure portal.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the left navigation pane and use the Switch directory button to select your active directory.
- From the dashboard, select Azure Active Directory and then select Audit logs.
- Choose last 24 hours in the Date range filter drop-down and select Apply to view the audit logs for the past 24 hours.
- Select the Download button, select CSV as the file format and specify a file name to download a CSV file containing the filtered records.