Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with Greenlight Integration Platform
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Greenlight Integration Platform with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate Greenlight Integration Platform with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to Greenlight Integration Platform.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Greenlight Integration Platform with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Azure AD, see What is application access and single sign-on with Azure Active Directory.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Greenlight Integration Platform single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- Greenlight Integration Platform supports SP and IDP initiated SSO
- Once you configure Greenlight Integration Platform you can enforce session control, which protect exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real-time. Session control extend from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Cloud App Security.
Adding Greenlight Integration Platform from the gallery
To configure the integration of Greenlight Integration Platform into Azure AD, you need to add Greenlight Integration Platform from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Greenlight Integration Platform in the search box.
- Select Greenlight Integration Platform from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Configure and test Azure AD single sign-on for Greenlight Integration Platform
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with Greenlight Integration Platform using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in Greenlight Integration Platform.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with Greenlight Integration Platform, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Greenlight Integration Platform SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Greenlight Integration Platform test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Greenlight Integration Platform that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the Greenlight Integration Platform application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, if you wish to configure the application in IDP initiated mode, enter the values for the following fields:
a. In the Identifier text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
b. In the Reply URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
Click Set additional URLs and perform the following step if you wish to configure the application in SP initiated mode:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Identifier, Reply URL and Sign-on URL. Contact Greenlight Integration Platform Client support team to get these values. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section in the Azure portal.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Federation Metadata XML and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Greenlight Integration Platform section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to Greenlight Integration Platform.
In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
In the applications list, select Greenlight Integration Platform.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Greenlight Integration Platform SSO
To configure single sign-on on Greenlight Integration Platform side, you need to send the downloaded Federation Metadata XML and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to Greenlight Integration Platform support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create Greenlight Integration Platform test user
In this section, you create a user called B.Simon in Greenlight Integration Platform. Work with Greenlight Integration Platform support team to add the users in the Greenlight Integration Platform platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration using the Access Panel.
When you click the Greenlight Integration Platform tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the Greenlight Integration Platform for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.