Tutorial: Tutorial: Azure Active Directory single sign-on (SSO) integration with ProNovos Analytics
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate ProNovos Analytics with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate ProNovos Analytics with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to ProNovos Analytics.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to ProNovos Analytics with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Azure AD, see What is application access and single sign-on with Azure Active Directory.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- ProNovos Analytics single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- ProNovos Analytics supports SP and IDP initiated SSO
- ProNovos Analytics supports Just In Time user provisioning
Adding ProNovos Analytics from the gallery
To configure the integration of ProNovos Analytics into Azure AD, you need to add ProNovos Analytics from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type ProNovos Analytics in the search box.
- Select ProNovos Analytics from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for ProNovos Analytics
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with ProNovos Analytics using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in ProNovos Analytics.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with ProNovos Analytics, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure ProNovos Analytics SSO - to configure the Single Sign-On settings on application side.
- Create ProNovos Analytics test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in ProNovos Analytics that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the ProNovos Analytics application integration page, find the Manage section and select Single sign-on.
On the Select a Single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section the application is pre-configured in IDP initiated mode and the necessary URLs are already pre-populated with Azure. The user needs to save the configuration by clicking the Save button.
Click Set additional URLs and perform the following step if you wish to configure the application in SP initiated mode:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL:
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Raw) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up ProNovos Analytics section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to ProNovos Analytics.
In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
In the applications list, select ProNovos Analytics.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure ProNovos Analytics SSO
To configure single sign-on on ProNovos Analytics side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Raw) and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to ProNovos Analytics support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create ProNovos Analytics test user
In this section, a user called B.Simon is created in ProNovos Analytics. ProNovos Analytics supports just-in-time user provisioning, which is enabled by default. There is no action item for you in this section. If a user doesn't already exist in ProNovos Analytics, a new one is created after authentication.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration using the Access Panel.
When you click the ProNovos Analytics tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the ProNovos Analytics for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.